Supporting our social prescribing workforce
The NEL Social Prescribing Workforce Enabler Programme was established to build a skilled, supported and confident Social Prescribing Link Worker (SPLW) workforce across north east London through:
- Supporting the growth and development of a dynamic, vibrant, multi-professional workforce embedded in multi-disciplinary teams
- Supporting SPLW practice development in a coordinated way
- Enabling a collaborative social prescribing network in north east London to flourish and create a forum for sharing and promoting good practice across the sector
- The Social Prescribing Workforce Enabler Group has been established. We have excellent north east London representation from social prescribers, managers in primary care, local authorities and the VCS. This is now a thriving community of practice
- We have completed a successful pilot of our first north east London social prescribing leadership programme
- We have trained over 100 Social Prescriber Link Workers in north east London in social welfare and advice
- In partnership with the London Cancer Alliance over 40 SPLWs have undertaken motivation interviewing training run by a specialist working with people living with and beyond cancer
- Strengthened partnership working with the north east London Training Hub Collaborative
Guide for Social Prescribing Link Workers
In July 2021 Jagan John, Chair of the North East London Clinical Commissioning Group, launched the NEL Guide for Social Prescribing Link Workers (SPLWs), which provides practical support and resources for social prescribing link workers in north east London.
In producing this guide we consulted extensively with our existing social prescribing workforce across north east London. Their input, advice and insights have been instrumental in shaping this guide, which has also been informed by relevant policy and national guidance.
The main audience for the guide is new SPLWs in the first few weeks of starting in post. The guide will also support local systems, managers, Primary Care Networks and Clinical Directors in embedding the social prescribing agenda.
Contact Gita Malhotra, Workforce Lead for Social Prescribing and Personalised Care for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org