As part of the digital offer, The Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT) should be completed by all CQC registered Care providers every year. It is an online self-assessment tool for demonstrating compliance with the ten data security standards for health and social care organisations.
In less than four minutes, the film looks at how the Data Security and Protection Toolkit helps you to check your data and cyber security policies, procedures and practices – and demonstrate that you have good systems in place.
Achieving standards met within the DSPT is a contractual requirement with CCGs and Local Authorities
You will benefit by potentially having access to:
- NHS Mail – allows you to exchange information securely and quickly.
- Remote monitoring – A platform on which to record resident observations to support rapid assessment of vulnerable care home residents.
- Proxy Access – with proxy access you can order medication on behalf of your service users. Co-ordinate my Care – a service that coordinates urgent care for patients.
- GP Connect
You can use the DSPT as evidence for:
- Your compliance with Data Protection Legislation
- CQC Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOEs)
- GDPR/ DPA 2018
- 10 Data Standards – NHS and council contracts
The following Adult Social Care DSPT training is available now. Presentation attached
Multiple choice quiz for frontline staff
This is a multiple-choice quiz for frontline staff. It can provide evidence that staff are competent in data security and protection and meet requirement 3.2.1 of the Data Security and Protection Toolkit by undertaking an assessment and gaining an 80% pass mark. Staff can complete and return the quiz to their manager who can then use it as evidence for the DSPT. A copy of the quiz can be found in the download area.