Integrated Care Board
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust
- Barts Health NHS Trust
- Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Barking & Dagenham
- City of London Corporation
- Tower Hamlets
- Waltham Forest
- Current population of north east London – over two million
- Population is expected to grow by 120,000 in next five years
- Varied community make up, eg. 30% population in Newham are Asian, compared to 6% in City and Hackney, resulting in different health needs.
- Diabetes, dementia and obesity all disproportionately affect people in poverty. Five of the eight NEL boroughs are in the bottom 20% for the Index of Multiple Deprivation.
- The largest area of expected population rise is in ethnic groups which are at higher risk of major, potentially preventable, health conditions such as diabetes
- On average 40% of children in north east London about to leave primary school are obese. Four of our boroughs have significantly higher rates than the London average for childhood obesity, and all our boroughs have significantly higher rates than the England average.
- 30% of people with a long term condition have a mental health problem, and 46% of people with a mental health problem have a long term condition.